Thursday, July 23, 2009

Old is good

Ron is a thoughtful man. On June 3, which is both my birthday and our anniversary, he brought home my favourite flowers, a pound of mighty good dark chocolate, and a bottle of champagne. The flowers lasted a full week. We savoured the chocolate for about three days. We never did get around to drinking the bubbly.

Tonight we were having (frozen) chicken pot pie and broccoli for dinner. We looooove (frozen) chicken pot pie and broccoli. We love it so much, we broke out the champagne.

And it was good.

Until that happened I was going to write about another dream. It seemed like I would be going slightly overboard to write two dream posts in a row, so I was very glad to have the opportunity to write about our dinner instead.

Assuming though only my friends will have read this far, I am going to add in the dream thing. It's something that young people dare not do.

In the dream, I was a contestant on a local TV reality show. The challenge of the week was to create an International Festival in Red Deer. Each contestant was dropped, by helicopter, on a different downtown corner. We were only allowed to use nearby individuals and items available for sale within 300 feet of where we were dropped.

At first it seemed as if I was handed an impossible situation. I recognized that the chance that anyone would be truly successful lay somewhere between pretty slim and totally non-existent, but I was dropped off on a particularly boring block, with nothing even vaguely international in sight. As I was standing there feeling sorry for myself, a city bus pulled up. I quickly decided that grabbing people off of the bus was entirely within the rules.

I never really did see the people on the bus, but apparently it was the immigrant express. I was able to create a festival with 11 colourful booths, each one representing a different culture. The food we created was wonderful, especially the pulled goat. I don't think there was any champagne--city bylaws you know.

2 comments:

  1. yeah those open container laws in dreamworld are a real pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE this dream!! i mean, LOVE. as a self-proclaimed dream aficionado i have to ask: why would young people not dare write about their dreams? i don't understand.

    ReplyDelete

Comment?